The Stamford Village Library is an association library chartered in 1907 to serve patrons in the village of Stamford, NY and local area. In 1963, the Historical room was opened for research, making available genealogies, photographs, the Eugene Bouton papers, and back issues of the Bloomville Mirror and Stamford Mirror-Recorder. An ongoing project at the library is the identification of photographs and scanning of archives to make the historical collection available online. In addition to the vast number of postcards collected by C. Bloodgood, recent acquisitions have included an archival collection that includes images from the Cornell photography studio and other related historic documents.
The Stamford Village Library Postcard Collection includes postcards collected by C. Bloodgood, depicting the hotels and residences of the village in the eary 1900s.
The mission of the Stamford Village Library is to serve as a community center for lifelong
learning, with free and equal access to a broad range of ideas and information through traditional
and emerging resources to meet the intellectual, recreational, and cultural needs of area residents
in a professional and friendly manner.
Stamford Village Library
227 Main Street
Stamford, NY 12167
Four County Library System