A suburb located approximately 15 minutes south of Rochester, NY, the Town of Henrietta was founded in 1818. Early settlers named the community for Henrietta Laura Pluteney, Coutness of Bath, England, whose father was an important land investor in the area. Located in Township XII, Range VII of the original Phelps and Gorham Purchase, Henrietta soon became and continues to be the crossroads for Monroe County.
The following collections are the result of the work of past and present historians and volunteers who have diligently preserved Henrietta's history for generations to come.
View the collection.